Thursday 11 August 2011

Why are YOU in business?


Did you ever feel there was a ‘why’ missing from your business? I don’t mean the money or the freedom but maybe something a bit bigger! How can you design a business that not only gives you what you want, what your customers want but that can give back too?

The future

I’ve seen the future of business and it’s really awesome. In fact WOW!! Have you heard of B1G1?  I hadn’t until I went to an accountant’s conference recently. I know what you’re thinking, nothing inspirational happens in the accountancy world – but you’d be wrong.

Paul Dunn, an internationally famous inspirational speaker told us how this came about and I struggled to keep the tears from my eyes. I came away more fired up than an accountant ever should be and now I know I can play a small part in changing things for the better.

How?

B1G1 stands for Buy 1 Give 1 and it’s a way that business owners can involve their clients and employees in specific charitable projects. So for instance if you are a café every time someone buys a coffee they could give clean water to 1 person for the day in Malawi or Ethiopia. Did you think you could make a difference like that by buying something?

100% of the money goes to the project, it’s not swallowed up by admin fees. As a business if you want to join you pay a fee and that goes towards the admin. I’ve signed up on behalf of Murray Associates and in the past month we've sent 45 kids in Nepal to school for a month.

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I’ve found my ‘why’ and I’ve been waking up everyday thinking about who else I can tell about this. So now I’m telling you. Check out www.b1g1.com and see what you could do to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment